Highlights and 10 Lessons from 2022 and What's Next
My new year always begins several weeks ahead of January 1st. I typically spend this time reflecting on the past year -the good, the bad, the ups and the downs, and everything in between. Looking back on 2022, there were a lot of highlights, lessons, and A-ha's I learned.
I checked off some big items professionally. One of my goals was to attend COUTURE within the next two years, and I was ahead of schedule this year when I debuted my line in June. This was a “pinch me” moment for sure! Being side by side with other notable designers was thrilling and intimidating at the same time.
Launching my second collection- Color Wave -was another win this year. There were months of preparation, iterations, and designs, so finally, seeing it come to fruition was amazing. This collection stretched me as a designer, and it shows in the level of detail for each piece.
Personally, there were a ton of highlights from the year. Traveling, playing tennis regularly, parties, fun outings, and family and friend time-all of these rank high up there. The one thing that stands out the most to me as a highlight (albeit a bit bittersweet) is watching my son grow up. On the hand, I am so happy to witness his accomplishments and see him thriving in all areas, but there is the other side of me that wants to keep him that little boy forever.
So what are (or continue to be) the big lessons and A-ha’s for me from 2022?
- You can’t change people, places, or things in your life. You can only change YOURSELF and how YOU react to situations.
- Trust and listen to my intuition. She is all-knowing and always right.
- Slow and steady wins the race.
- My thoughts produce my feelings, my feelings fuel my actions, and my actions create my results. Choose better thoughts!
- Parent the child you have, not the child you want.
- Things usually work out in the end, and if they don’t it just means you haven't come to the end yet.
- Aging is a privilege-I have gained life experience and sophistication with all my years.
- Don’t take anything personally. It’s usually more about the other person than yourself.
- When confronted with a problem, I always ask “Is this a matter of life or death?” This really helps me put things into perspective.
- Take full responsibility for my life.
I could go on and list several more, but these are the biggest ones that have had the most impact on me.
2023 lies ahead of me, and there is one thing that I am setting a strong intention around. It is to “lean in” more to everything in my life. Lean into being present with my family, lean into being more of myself and accepting, lean into my business and my why, lean into being intentional and mindful, lean into my self-care (stretch!), lean into my relationships, lean into manifesting and raising my energetic vibration, lean into life. Just lean in more in all ways.
Oh, and there's one more stretch!